Re: [LUG] On Linux and Microsoft

On 8 January 2013 01:07, bad apple <ifindthatinteresting@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
But no, for
ordinary consumers, windows update is still an absolute car crash.
Windows Update was one of the main factors that finally persuaded me to adopt Linux - I'd dabbled for a few years, scurrying back to Windows when something broke and I couldn't (be bothered to) fix it but the fact that Windows itself would update and need a reboot, then something else would update and need a reboot.... That and the fact that the Win 7 image that HP supplied with my laptop insisted on being installed on the original hard drive rather than my shiny new SSD. I did try installing from a downloaded copy of Win 7 (an official one I might add) but the install promptly blue-screened... I tried Win 8 in a VM when the trial version first came out and hated it, so decided it was time to finally make the move for good.