Re: [LUG] website - more updates

> That watercooling is awesome! :-)

Thanks. Responses seem to be either that, or "You're bloody nuts, mate". :)

> Still that was a really interesting read, just wish I had the DIY skills to
> do that, sadly I don't.  Out of interest, what is the video quality like
> over a 5 metre VGA cable?  Do you get any noticeable ghosting etc?

I ran two monitors from the one on the right, both with 5m extensions.
One VGA and once DVI. There was a /tiny/ bit of ghosting, which was
not really noticable as long as I kept the leads away from the mains
power. A 5M usb lead to an 8-way powered hub for mouse, keyboard,
flash drives and caddy etc worked okay, but obviously slowed down with
everything going.

> When I finally get my dad's dual seat workstation working properly (has
> sound issues, need to look into another distro possibly which will work with
> the ConsoleKit modifications) then I'll write an article about it.  It's
> basically one desktop with onboard graphics and a separate graphics card
> running a pair of keyboards, monitors and mice over two floors to keep my
> kids quiet when they visit their Grandad. :-)

Sounds interesting, be good to read it if you do get it written.

Si