Re: [LUG] website - more updates

On Jan 3, 2013 10:16 PM, "Rob Beard" <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That watercooling is awesome! :-)
>
> Maybe all future houses should be designed with watercooling kits, Ethernet in every room and fibre to the house too :-)
>
> Okay, I can dream.

You say that, but increasingly new houses are having their phone sockets wired up using Cat5e or better and with a good length of spare cable left behind the walls in case it's needed for rewiring.

> When I finally get my dad's dual seat workstation working properly (has sound issues, need to look into another distro possibly which will work with the ConsoleKit modifications) then I'll write an article about it.  It's basically one desktop with onboard graphics and a separate graphics card running a pair of keyboards, monitors and mice over two floors to keep my kids quiet when they visit their Grandad. :-)

Is sound the only problem you have left? If so, that's awesome! When I had a go at this, many moons ago, I kept finding that as soon as a user on one X session logged out (and so reset the X session) then it'd force a reset of the other X sessions too.