Re: [LUG] Strange Problem 2

On 19/12/12 14:23, George Parker wrote:
I stuck in the latest Mint release and booted and blow me, no display after boot. Mint does not have a nice screen to look at during boot, blank by design, and as soon as the first few lines of text disappear, the monitor loses sync and the little green light goes out, never to re-appear.

You can turn off the blank screen by removing splash quiet from the Linux boot line.

You can remove plymouth altogether.

Blank screen is a symptom of drivers and hardware.
Does <ctrl><alt><f1> give you a login.

There are some boot commands you can give to get around this.
Google is your friend.

--
'ooroo

Email: mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx         o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use>   (O)  X<   ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\