[LUG] Strange Problem 2

Thank you everyone but no joy yet.

Doing cnt alt F6 or cnt F1 does nothing because I don't have a display. It's not that I have a blank display, the monitor is not synced, it is not receiving a recogniseable signal.

Removing the quiet and splash options does not help. I get a few pages of text and then the monitor goes blank, the green light goes yellow signifying no signal. Likewise adding VGA=791 or any other number results in the same failure. But it does seem to boot OK, not that I can see it. I think the boot sequence is switching to some graphic mode that radeon doesn't like (as suggested by Bad Apple I think.)

I installed Kubuntu, which worked, but I didn't like it (fussy aren't I) and I'm now trying Xubuntu, but I hate the ads I keep finding. I like Robs idea of trying a graphics card and I'll have a root in the attic when I get the Xmas lights.

I have read the thread started by Tom and I couldn't see anything that could help. He too resorted to Xubuntu it seems. I really do want Mint. I think I'll write to the Mint community now. I've had a trawl and there isn't anything on there.. yet.

George