Re: [LUG] Strange Problem 2

On 19/12/12 18:56, bad apple wrote:
On 19/12/12 17:44, Rob Beard wrote:

And adding additional graphics cards just to get a working X desktop in
order to install drivers for the other graphics card? Really? Good
grief, that is really the worst possible way to go about it... Just use
the sane instruction already covered here and it will  be functional in
no time.

Was just a suggestion, it's possible that George might not be so comfortable with just using the CLI. When I came across the issue I was happy enough to play around with just the command line, but not everyone is that confident, so it was a suggestion on how they might be able to fix it. It kinda sucks that it isn't supported out of the box, but I guess that's what you get sometimes with new hardware and distros not catching up.

As for using the previous instructions, it's also possible that George doesn't keep DCGLUG mails. I did a quick search but it seems that either I'm searching for the wrong thing or the search isn't great.

Not sure if this is the thread...

http://www.dcglug.org.uk/archive/2012/12/msg00130.html

(I have a copy of DCGLUG mails going back to 2005 on my server but I don't have the time or patience to go trawling through the messages tonight...).

Rob