Re: [LUG] Linux compatible Personal Music Player

I love the Sansa m240, little 1gb players that like the Sandisk/Sansas
above, just play whatever mp3s are on there - no need to use itunes or
anything that looks like itunes (which most of the music managers
do!). As they're fat32 based, just plug in and copy the files over
from linux, windows, mac, whatever.

Unfortunately they've stopped making them, and I've probably bought
all of them off ebay since then - certainly I've had a dozen over the
years for myself and the wife. Great for audiobooks, and a snooze
timer so I can drop off to sleep listening to BBC Comedies and Drama.

And - definite plus - they take an AAA battery so last for ages. I've
had to throw away lots of cheap (and not so cheap) mp3 players because
their batteries stopped holding a charge - and when it runs flat, just
plug in another rechargable AAA and off you go, no loss of sounds
while you wait for it to recharge and as I use them a lot when
walking, it means I keep going all day.

Sadly AAA powered players of any ilk are getting hard to find now. :(