Re: [LUG] HP Printer and 2-sided printing

On 13/12/12 18:42, Philip Whateley wrote:

If you have the HPLIP graphical device manager installed, it might be
worth taking a look at the settings for your printer in there (Device
Manager > Print Settings) to make sure they are consistent with CUPS.

Will have a look, but I have more or less got it sorted now.

Also, the problem I had seemed to partly be due to config files from the
old Ubuntu repository version of HPLIP being left when the new version
from HPLIP was installed over it. I can't find the link to the solution
I found, but this <https://bugs.launchpad.net/hplip/+bug/898861> looks
similar. (The printer I had a problem with was an HP6500A all in one by
the way - can't remember if I specifically searched by model).

I'll keep looking to see if I can find out what I did.

When I installed this new printer I had to update the hplip database that was installed on my computer. When I did this I was given the choice of overwriting the old version or removing it and replacing it. So I did the latter and removed the old version first. So there should not be any old files left around.

Anyway I got it sorted via CUPS as stated in a previous email.

Thanks

Neil