Re: [LUG] HP Printer and 2-sided printing

On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 09:33:48 +0000
Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

>Yes thanks, that makes sense. Meanwhile, don't know how it happened,
>but this morning I printed a one page doc and the printer fed the sheet
>back in and tried to print page 2. There was no page 2 so the paper

For the most part, duplex printing is a "per job" option.  It is
possible to set it as the default print method, but as most of what I
print is required to be single sided, that's what I have as the default.

To do double-sided printing, when you get a print dialogue, press the
"Options" or "Page Setup" button (varies according to print requester).
You should find an option for duplex or double-sided printing.  With my
printer I have to option for long edge or short edge as the method of
operation.  Long edge prints the two pages with the same orientation,
whilst the short edge option inverts the second page WRT to the first.
I've never used that option myself, but I can see some uses for it.

--
 Regards  _
Well I don't want you to think I'm being obscene