Re: [LUG] OT: Spelling religious war flamebait

20121211 133610  ISO

Long since I have used ISO declining intervals as EU and UN recommended
for all dates in computer files and print

On 11/12/2012 11:50, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> On 11/12/12 10:49, Philip Hudson wrote:
>> On 10 Dec, 2012, at 8:43 am, Philip Hudson wrote:
>>
>>> UK date ordering FTW! What don't you Yanks understand about orders of
>>> magnitude?
>>
>> Does nobody have a word to say in favor of US m-d-y date ordering? Who's
>> going to tell them?
>>
>> --
>
> Absolutely not. Start with the medium length of time (month) then go to
> the shortest (day) then the longest (year). How weird is that?
>
> So to me, when they talk of 9/11 as a date, that means the 9th of November.
>
> I am proud of our language, one of the richest in the world and so good
> for literature and poetry. Don't spoil it.
>
> Just my opinion,
>
> Neil

201212111336  ISO

Long since I have used ISO declining intervals as EU and UN recommended
for all dates in computer files and print. stop at interval that is useful.
eionmac
--
Regards
Eion MacDonald