Re: [LUG] Ubuntu considered harmful

ITV/Sky Ads are not opt in.  Perhaps we should only watch BBC TV.  But then we'd have to get irritated that they are advertising their own product with the trailers they show, they selectively advertise by showing trailers for  programmes similar to the one being watching or advertise next weeks show with a few clips from "Next Week" based on the fact that the viewer watched this weeks through to the end (viewers have given them that information).

People want stuff for free, companies finance them by offering Ads.  Users opt-in by using the product.

On Fri, 2012-12-07 at 11:45 +0000, paul sutton wrote:
On 07/12/12 11:42, Neil Stone wrote:

> >> Sure, but Joe Bloggs will not know this, and it's unlikely to be well
> > documented anyplace.
>

> > So help write the documentation then, and are you suggesting that
> > synaptic or the software centre won't have the option to remove these
> > components.
>

> > Paul
>
> Not at all, I'm sure it does have the ability to remove this package..
though IMO it should be OPT-IN, or better yet, don't have the option in
the first place...

> As for writing the documentation, sure... who is going to pay for my
time to do that then ?

Ok i agree with the opt in,   I was under the impression that the
documentation team were all volunteers,   in fact the work is done I am
sure if someone googled removing the lens we are referring to it will
probably end up coming up as a link to the lug archive.

Paul

http://drupal.zleap.net
skype : psutton111

http://www.raspberrypi.org