Re: [LUG] strange problem...

On 11/12/2012 13:13, Eion MacDonald wrote:
> On 11/12/2012 07:51, tom wrote:
>
> Have you tried Live Knoppix various versions?
> These allow variation.
> Try  3.7,very old; 5, Old; 6, 7 as CPUs increase in complexity.
> Eionmac

Extra question:
As I looked at these, (and ACER desktops) but have not yet bought, I
would like to know outcome as I intend to replace a desktop (ancient
circa 1999 working on OpenSUSE) shortly. Just de-commissioned the
current one to make room for Xmas invasion of grandchildren
--
Regards
Eion MacDonald