Re: [LUG] OT: Spelling religious war flamebait

On 11/12/12 10:49, Philip Hudson wrote:
On 10 Dec, 2012, at 8:43 am, Philip Hudson wrote:

UK date ordering FTW! What don't you Yanks understand about orders of
magnitude?

Does nobody have a word to say in favor of US m-d-y date ordering? Who's
going to tell them?

--

Absolutely not. Start with the medium length of time (month) then go to the shortest (day) then the longest (year). How weird is that?

So to me, when they talk of 9/11 as a date, that means the 9th of November.

I am proud of our language, one of the richest in the world and so good for literature and poetry. Don't spoil it.

Just my opinion,

Neil