Re: [LUG] New distro - and logging off

On 17/11/12 13:01, Migel Wimtore wrote:
Gordon Henderson <gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 17 Nov 2012, Neil Winchurst wrote:

Since everything else is so fast I cannot understand why this should take so
long. I am a bit baffled as to where to look. What can it be doing for all
this time?

Any ideas please?

Hi. If you find a command that works (eg., sudo shutdown -h now, sudo halt,
systemctl poweroff) you could map that command to your power button in XFCE Keyboard
Shortcuts. This might route around your issue, but you won't get to find out what is
currently causing the hang, which might be worth knowing (some rouge service that is
not exiting cleanly, perhaps).

Cheers.

Gordon Henderson <gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just to confuse me, when I logged off this morning (using Menu button --> Log Out --> Shutdown) my machine closed down in about 2 seconds, no long wait this time. I am now wondering if there is a package which starts sometimes but not every session and which takes a long time to shut down.

Meanwhile, I think it is safer to avoid the short cut and to use the 'normal' method as above. As was said, waiting for a minute is no great hardship.

Thanks

Neil