Re: [LUG] update

On 12/11/12 05:58, David Monks wrote:
Another real quickie...

A quiet Build Your Own Computer on Saturday 3rd, which suited me
nicely, as I could run it solo.  I think we're on for a similar
session this coming Saturday (17th).  There are places, but if you
want to book in, could you let me know by Wednesday, please, so that I
can arrange for extra staff if needed?

If you're expecting to come and haven't heard from me individually,
can you remind me, please?  I worry I might have taken a booking
orally and omitted to record it.

BTW, BYOC is £20 for non-members, but £10 for members.  As a month's
membership is £10, we're offering a month's membership free to anyone
who pays £20 for BYOC.
That sounds really interesting. Gordon mentioned it at the Paignton LUG meeting. I'd like to do something similar in Devon, alas we're struggling to get enough PCs at the moment for the Exwick Ark project :-)

I favour learning through project work, and I'm told there are more
than a few youngsters keen to participate in robot-building in some
way.  This could work, but there's a lot to work out.
That sounds really interesting too. Just a shame I live so far away in Devon otherwise I'd love to take my eldest daughter Meg along... she's really into Lego and I figure that she's got the building things bug so why not encourage her to try something a little more challenging.

I'm hoping to come and visit sometime soon. I understand from speaking to Gordon that it's not too expensive on the train so if I can arrange someone to keep an eye on my kids for the night I'm hoping to head down there soon for an afternoon/evening even if it's just to meet a couple of the Cornish members :-)

Rob