[LUG] Windows Phone was Re: Raspberry Pi RAM doubled :-)

On 16/10/12 12:50, Julian Hall wrote:

Why don't Microsoft just treat the phone as an external HD as other
'dumb' phones do, and let you just back up that way?

I've just attached my daughters phone to my laptop running Mint 13, it picks it up as a portable media player. I seem to remember older versions of Mint not doing that, not sure if there is better support in newer distros?

Still doesn't seem as well supported as plugging in my Android phone though. :-(

Rob