Re: [LUG] OSS

On 08/10/12 17:39, Tony Sumner wrote:

> But wait; I can run alsamixer (and alsamixergui) as root but if I try
> as user I get 'cannot open mixer: No such file or directory'. What file
> is it on about?

In the old days I'd have said "add this user to the audio group".

adduser username audio

Then log out, and make sure there are no processes running by that user
(login as root at a console and "ps -ef | grep username"), then login
again, or reboot if it is simpler than messing around with ps and things.

These days this probably shouldn't be the answer, so if it works we may
have more questions.