Re: [LUG] the mind boggles - website

On 17/09/12 20:27, Julian Hall wrote:
 On 17/09/2012 09:18, zleap@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
http://devonstudioschool.co.uk/

is it me or have they created a basic front end for their home page. Then
for the links they have included pdf files, rather than simply creating
another page and linking to it properly.
It's not you. They have.
What the HELL are they teaching people in web design school these days.
Not that. Although to be fair the last web design I did was in university so it was supposed to be better than this.
I can understand some files being in pdf, but the way they have done this
seems just crazy.
Or lazy.
I did contact them and asked if they are going to be on professional
social networks like linkedin, (perhaps if they were they would find
someone who can do a website properly.)

maybe someone else can contact them and ask who did their website and
offer for a price to do the job properly.
If it was done by an outside contractor I'd expect a plug for them on the homepage and a link to their own website. Errrmm.. there's not even a copyright notice. That in itself screams 'Amateur who found a WYSIWYG editor but doesn't know how to use it properly'. That or they used an online website designer provided by their domain host. Whatever they did they did an appalling job of it. Looks nice, and *maybe* even does what it's designed to.. but doesn't even remotely do it properly.

Julian

It does say that there is a new web site "coming soon". So perhaps this is merely a temporary thing that links to content (pdfs) they already had available, leaving them to work on the new site..?

cheers roly - catching up on heaps of LUG mail lol ...