Re: [LUG] Unanswered questions

4. Does Restricted Boot mean we're all doomed, or that our old hardware will jump in value?

If hardware is going to be forced to have it, a Linux version will appear.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SecureBoot

5. Does anyone use a non-apt/dpkg/deb distro, like Suse, RHEL/Fedora/Centos, Mageia, Arch, Gentoo?

I've tried Ubuntu for a little while, but deep down, I've always been a Redhat guy and I've recently returned for F17. The version of Gnome that ships with Fedora 17 is so much better than Unity, there really isn't any comparing the two.

As for YUM specifically, I used to like it a lot more than apt/dpkg (rpm always just made more sense to me), but it's gotten rather bloated/slow in the last few years. Hopefully this new DNF library will fix some of that.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DNF