Re: [LUG] Linux as a gaming platform? WAS :- Microsoft in first loss to date

I play games, it's the main reason why I use windows 7 today.
For yearsÂI'veÂwanted Linux to be my OS of choice but it was this whole "games are made for DirectX" issue that has kept me using Microsoft Windows.
If game developers used an open platform for writing their games onÂI'mÂpretty sure most gamers would use the open platform.Â
Most of my gaming friends for instance all use the same hacked copy of Windows 7 to play their games on including myself and I'd think people would prefer to have free software on their PC asÂopposedÂto hacked-ware.
I don't know why more work isn't being done to create a better platform for games within the community. If anything... I blame Cadega!!!

Kind Regards

Daniel