Re: [LUG] Microsoft in first loss to date

On 20/07/12 15:58, alex mclennan wrote:
> hi all,from the sound of it micro**** are grasping at straws,windows 8
> upgrade is going to be $40 in the states

All the more reason to make sure we keep plugging the alternatives and
the advantages of freedom,  the fact steam is being ported to linux
(while controversial )  is a good thing for gamers and something to tell
people if they mention games,   First instance its being ported to
ubuntu,  but hopefully then to other distros.

Paul

> -----Original Message----- From: Roland Tarver
> Sent: Friday, July 20, 2012 8:46 AM
> To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [LUG] Microsoft in first loss to date
>

> "Computing giant Microsoft has made the first quarterly loss in its
> history after it wrote off some of the value of its online advertising
> business."
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18917906
>
> You have probably already seen this? but figured some may not have. Lets
> hope this trend continues...
>
> best wishes
> roly

http://drupal.zleap.net