[LUG] Possible other venue for Paignton LUG meetings

Hi folks,

Iâve possibly found an alternative venue for LUG meetings in Paignton, one which may well be useful as the weather improves and the Shoreline gets busier especially in the summer.

Drinks prices seem to be about the same sort of price as the Shoreline (Tea Â1, Coffee & Hot Chocolate around Â2), cold drinks from 50p upwards. Food prices are a little cheaper than the Shoreline. The food is all vegetarian but looks like a reasonable selection and they also have sweets and cakes available for those who have a sweet tooth.

Other than the food and drinks, they have free wifi and a selection of books to browse and buy (I gather from speaking to Bryce who runs the Epicentre they also have some computer books, maybe it could be a good way of introducing some Linux books if anyone has any surplus to requirements).

Iâve been talking to Bryce who runs the Epicentre on and off now for a few months, he seems like a nice enough guy and they hold all sorts of events such as poetry reading/writing, Outset Torbay (small business startup) sessions and things like that and I gather they are a social enterprise so they might fit in well with the LUG and Free Software.

I was thinking that maybe if anyone is interested we could meet up before the LUG meeting at the Epicentre to check it out (I havenât actually been over to the place yet but figured that maybe itâs worth a try for an hour).

Bryce tells me he grew up in Silicon Valley and he knows a good deal about Free Software already so it sounds promising and heâs happy for us to hold meetings at the Epicentre.

Anyway, I was hoping to get down there for around 1pm ish, possibly a little bit later, if anyone would like to join me down there for a cuppa and a chat before going on to the LUG meeting at the Shoreline the address is 59 Torquay Toad in Paignton. The postcode for Sat Nav users is TQ3 3DT. Itâs just by the traffic lights on Torquay Road/Hyde Road (on the one way system) and I believe across the Weatherspoons Pub so itâs not too far from the car parks in Paignton or the free parking areas. The web site for the Epicentre can be found here: http://www.epicentrebookcafe.org.uk/home.htm

Rob
--
Sent from my ZX Spectrum