[LUG] VBox and webcam

I have VBox set up. Host Linux Mint 10 KDE. Guest Mint 12 KDE for
example. I have USB set up in VBox so I can use an external storage
device, (memory stick) or my printer in VBox. These are found and
recognised without any problem.

But, when I want to use my webcam in VBox it sees it via the USB port
but reports it as 'Unknown device'. So I cannot use the webcam in VBox.

Is there any way round this please? I have searched in Google but no joy
so far. Or perhaps it can't be done.

Thanks

Neil