Re: [LUG] Computer on time

On Mon, 6 Feb 2012 16:15:59 +0000 (GMT)
Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Gordon,

> If your connecting via a BT Wholesale supplier (ie. not LLU) then the
> kit in the exchange can potentially think that the line is "bad" and
> it will then start to reduce the BRAS profile for the line. So keep
> the modem (or combined modem/router if it's one box) on all the time
> so the BT kit can keep you up to speed.

I've done both leaving it on, and turning off overnight.  Sure, it made
a difference to the connection speed I was getting, but in practical
terms, it made bugger all difference to the download speeds I was
getting.  IOW, it still took an age for servers to connect, etc.

--
 Regards  _
White people going to school, where they teach you to be thick