Re: [LUG] Computer on time

There's a lot of talk of reduced life expectancy due to thermal changes.  First, I find it difficult to believe that this is not accounted for, to some degree, in the design of the components, and second, I suggest that you'd have to turn your PC on and off so many times that you're more likely to be upgrading components naturally before any failure due to metal fatigue.  I could be wrong, of course, but environmental considerations should be paramount and I don't believe that there's any good reason for leaving equipment - including routers - on when not being used.  Where's the evidence to the contrary?  If anyone's seen any articles, etc. to this effect, please post links.  I turn all my gear off when not in use, never had any problems that I'm aware of.   Jack.