Re: [LUG] Indian "MCSE" phone phishers again

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011, Neil Winchurst wrote:

Gordon Henderson wrote:
Hm. It's not free..

(You were referring to Number Withheld).

No, I was refering to incoming caller ID.

I am with First Telecom for my phone. I have just checked and Number Withheld is free. I also have caller display which is £1.49 per month.

I can't speak for BT as I haven't used them for years.

BT charge for incoming CID unless you are on one of their packages.

BT allows you to withold your outgoing number by simply dialling 141 before any number, and you can have it set parmanently withheld buy you have to call them to get that enabled. (which I think is free).

I don't charge my clients for incoming caller ID because it's a standard part of the system and I don't have to pay for it myself. I suppose I could have artifically turned it off and then charged to enable it, but that doesn't seem right in my books... (probably why I'm a crap businessman!)

Gordon