Re: [LUG] Indian "MCSE" phone phishers again

On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 16:06:23 +0100 (BST)
Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Gordon,

> A UK company employing the services of an off-shore calling company is
> supposed to abide by the rules.

Oh indeed, but many of these overseas callers aren't working for UK
companies.  In any event, we're talking about scammers.  That is,
people that are already law breakers.  Is the TPS listing /really/ going
to deter them?  Of course not.  Let's face, all such legislation, (TPS,
needing paperwork to get car number plates pressed, two forms of ID to
open a bank account, etc.) only serves to stop law abiding people going
about their business.  It *never* stops the criminals:  They're
criminals.

> Just get a trucall and be done with it.
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/TrueCall-The-Nuisance-Call-Blocker/dp/B002GP7HQM/ref=tag_stp_s2_edpp_url

Aware of them, but they're pricey, IMO.  Anyhow, for us, bogus and
nuisance calls aren't a big issue now BT have stopped 'phoning us.

--
 Regards  _
We are the League, we are the anti band