Re: [LUG] choosing hardware

Would like to thank everyone for their comments and suggestions. I will be using the server for fun and educational purposes. I have decided to go with Debian as OS of choice.

I will run a network cross over cable between my PC and the new server to keep network traffic to a minimum and for optimal data transfer speed.

I've chosen a different motherboard, ebuyer reference 269070. it's a Asus M5a78L-M LX. Chosen this motherboard as it has 6 SATA connectors which will allow me to use the server as a NAS drive eventually. This has also had a knock on effect as it uses DDR 3 ram.

The updated hardware list is as follows.

239057
237554
272943
132471
269070
221948

Would like to hear your comments if you think i'm going wrong anywhere

Regards

Daniel <no_face>