Re: [LUG] Touch screen photo printing kiosk, distros out there to suit this?

On 26/06/11 10:14:28, Dava wrote:
Putting another distro on it isn't a problem, running the photo software in W2K isnt either, its just i want to be able to access the backend for adjusting prices. I can access W2K no probs too. The thing i wondered is if there is a linux distro or application that is purely suited to these photo kiosks. Something that is completely touch friendly and walks the user though printing their photos.
Anyway, cheers for you help so far,

In that case I would just work out where the price is stored and update it.
Probably some sort of DB or could be just a config file.
A bit of poking around will probably find the prices.
I would have a look for a DB (mysql/oracle/access/etc) first

If you can't find it then use a live distro and do
find / -exec grep 13.23 {} \; -ls

Where 13.23 is the price you are looking for. It might take a while, but you might find it.