Re: [LUG] Survey on Linux computers

One of my responses was to as for Linux pre-installed this was partly as if its pre-installed when I buy the computer it works out of the box, if there is a fault it will show up, if it has no OS then this can cause more problems as the seller can argue it was due to the installed OS not due to other issues.

It didn';t take me a few days to dual boot this dell 10v with proper ubuntu, yes initially dual boot, once i had determined it was working properly with proper ubuntu, i just installed it on the whole hdd,

so pre installed is for convenience in the first instance.

paul