Re: [LUG] Networked Storage

On 03/05/2011 18:44, Gibbs wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions for a cheap NAS? I've never used one
and want to use it primarily for home and server backups. I don't really
know much about them but I don't want a server at home and I'm not too
sure on "plugs". Cheers.

Gibbs

Hi,

I use one of these:

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_3893.html

It looks a bit expensive here - I bought mine on a trip to the far east a few years ago, it's runs a version of Linux and has performed well (so far) - it has a noisy cooling fan so ....

I use it in mirrored mode but it's optional, the native disc format is ext3 - see the attached screen shot...

Cheers,

Chris