Re: [LUG] Networked Storage

On 03/05/2011 18:44, Gibbs wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions for a cheap NAS? I've never used one
and want to use it primarily for home and server backups. I don't really
know much about them but I don't want a server at home and I'm not too
sure on "plugs". Cheers.

Gibbs

From the latest Misco Catalogue....and available on the website:

http://tinyurl.com/65q4ofa

  General

  Width 9.4 cm

  Depth 20 cm

  Height 14.1 cm

  Weight 2.27 kg

  Hard Drive 4 TB

  Device Type NAS server

  Host Connectivity Hi-Speed USB / Gigabit Ethernet

  Manufacturer Warranty

  Service & Support 3 years warranty

  Processor

  Processor Marvell Marvell 6281 CPU at 1GHz with 256MB RAM

  Networking

  Networking 3 x USB 2.0 ports (to connect external HDD, printers, UPS, Bluetooth dongle)

  Software / System Requirements

  OS Required Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Apple MacOS X 10.3 or later, Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic, Microsoft Windows Vista Business, Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium, Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate, Red Hat Fedora Core 5, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, Red Hat Fedora Core 6, openSUSE 10.3, Red Hat Fedora Core 7, Ubuntu 7.10 Desktop Edition, Debian Linux 4.0, Red Hat Fedora Core 8

  Hard Drive

  Installed Devices / Modules Qty 2 (installed) / 2 (max)

  Total Storage Capacity 4 TB

  Hard Drive 2 x 2 TB removable Serial ATA-300

They come in a 2, 4 & 6TB versions and support rsync ... I have not tried any of them but the price seems pretty good for a fair amount of storage

Dave