[LUG] Inkjet or Laser

Having replaced my old computer I am now wondering about a new printer. My present one is quite old now (Epson Stylus Photo 810) and it is showing its age.

Looking around the internet I see comments about the rising cost of ink cartridges. For this reason I have recently used compatibles. I know that this is somewhat frowned upon but the printer is well past its sell by date.

So I have been looking at the possibility of getting a colour laser printer instead. They are much cheaper nowadays and the running costs seem on a par with inkjets.

As I have never actually used one (laser printer) at home I am asking for any suggestions, comments etc to help me come to a decision. I expect there are some experts among list members.

Thanks

Neil Winchurst