Re: [LUG] Inkjet or Laser

Hi Neil,

On balance, I think lasers are to be preferred.

However (there's always a however) beware of manufacturers
offering
laser printers which look like they are ready to
go, but which only
have "starter" toner cartridges which
are 10% full. This happened
with my OKI colour laser; the
cyan ran out in 2 days.

Regards etc,
Ray.

Message----
>From: barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>Date: 25/04/2011
11:28
>To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subj: [LUG] Inkjet or
Laser

>Having replaced my old computer I am now wondering
about a new
>printer. My present one is quite old now
(Epson Stylus Photo 810) and
>it is showing its age.
>

>Looking around the internet I see comments about the
rising cost of
>ink cartridges. For this reason I have
recently used compatibles. I
>know that this is somewhat
frowned upon but the printer is well past
>its sell by
date.

>So I have been looking at the possibility of
getting a colour laser
>printer instead. They are much
cheaper nowadays and the running costs
>seem on a par with
inkjets.

>As I have never actually used one (laser
printer) at home I am asking
>for any suggestions,
comments etc to help me come to a decision. I
>expect
there are some experts among list members.