Re: [LUG] Inkjet or Laser

On Mon, 2011-04-25 at 12:28 +0100, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> Having replaced my old computer I am now wondering about a new
> printer. My present one is quite old now (Epson Stylus Photo 810) and
> it is showing its age.
>
> Looking around the internet I see comments about the rising cost of
> ink cartridges. For this reason I have recently used compatibles. I
> know that this is somewhat frowned upon but the printer is well past
> its sell by date.
>
> So I have been looking at the possibility of getting a colour laser
> printer instead. They are much cheaper nowadays and the running costs
> seem on a par with inkjets.
>
> As I have never actually used one (laser printer) at home I am asking
> for any suggestions, comments etc to help me come to a decision. I
> expect there are some experts among list members.
>
> Thanks
>
> Neil Winchurst

This one from IJT

has 5 sets of Printer inks ( would last me three years or more )  for
Â87.0
that's just Â30 per year for printing.

Not bad!

Brother is pretty much Linux compat. use their site for info.
Mine is Ethernet and works with remote scanning, remote fax, and through
CUPS for printing.
--
Regards

Kevin Lucas