Re: [LUG] Storing photos

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011, Roland Tarver wrote:

Perhaps you could make it a little easier (and less robust?) by just
keeping a the disk in your car. Daily backups might be less of a PITA
in that case however. A project perhaps... "encrypted wireless car
data backup". I could make millions... lol ;-) A convenient and pseudo
off-site data backup?

A friend used to sync. his car with his home server for a while - via Wi-Fi. He'd transfer music into the car and GPS tracks out of it. Really not sure what else he was doing - but it was a miniITX board he's built the system with. Not something I'd want to leave running as the best of these I've used sucks 15 watts - then there would be a few watts more for a disk drive. (Although my Geode based ones run at 4 watts, I'm not sure they're that useful and I still think 4 watts is too much to leave running in a car).

And it'll only work if you park your car next to your house... Some of us don't have that luxury )-:

However, intersting idea...

Gordon