----Original Message----
From:
barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 18/04/2011 17:54
To:
<list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subj: [LUG] Storing photos

Had
some grief from my daughter today. I have a new computer
and I
transferred things like her bookmarks from the old
one. But what about
all her photos I was asked.

I have
copied her photos from backup storage on a DVD so that is
OK.
But it started me thinking. Would it be a good idea
to suggest that
she store her photos on line somewhere?
This already happens with her
emails since I use an IMAP
system.

Would that be a good idea? And if so, where
would be a good place.
This is purely for storage, she is
not into photo sharing on line. It
is just a way of
making sure that if anything happens to this computer
her
photos are safe.

Yes, I know that I backup onto a DVD
for her, but with on line storage
she could look after
all that herself.

Comments anyone?

Neil

Well, lots of answers and lots to consider. Perhaps this one above is the simplest and safest. It was changing to a new computer that caused the question. Thanks for all the suggestions and ideas.

Neil