Re: [LUG] eMachine ER1402 Desktop - Desktops | Ebuyer.com

On 21/04/11 10:27, Roland Tarver wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 9:00 AM, Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> http://www.ebuyer.com/product/236577
>>
>> further to my previous thread on low power systems the above seems to be the
>> amd version,  rated at about 12w
>>
>> sent in case it may be of interest to people here,  it has linux
>> pre-installed and comes with webroot internet security which is compatible
>> with win 7, ??  not sure if there is a linux vesion for this.
>>
>> cost is £149 which is pretty good too if you prefer amd
>>
>> paul
>
> I so should have saved myself hundreds and bought a system like this,
> rather than my 18" powerhouse of a laptop - that doubles as a heater!
> and pretty much sits idle as I type essays and surf the net. lol.
>
> thanks for the info Paul.
> Roly :-)

No problem

Hopefully it will help people on the list who don't want to spend money
on a power sucking system, when they are not using it for much,  mind
you,  I am not sure if the lug are still doing the protein folding thing
via distributed computing, may want to see if you can find a use for the
spare clock cycles :) )

Paul

--

Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

Easter Fest 2011 - Music and production activities for young people 12 - 19
April 11 - 23rd - The Lighthouse,26 Esplanade Road, Paignton
01803 411 812 or e-mail  info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more info.

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day