Re: [LUG] 3G USB Modem

On 18/04/11 21:21, Joe Buckle wrote:

Hmm.. not sure how useful it would be to find out. This is the first
time I've been in this situation, and probably the last. Although I
guess manually being able to configure the USB ports to identify modems
etc.. plus there are quite a few around so I guess they would assume
different configuration methods.

Hopefully Ubuntu will pick up the pace a bit with this then. My Debian
Squeeze installation worked without any further configuration at all,
which I found a bit strange considering Ubuntu is supposed to be more
user friendly.

Joe

I think it depends on the device. I remember when Tom B got a Three modem (the soap on a rope style) he had to do a bit of playing around in Debian to get it working, although this was a couple of years ago.

IIRC it required something like unloading some USB modules and loading other USB modules.

Rob