Re: [LUG] KDE4 and widgets

On 04/14/2011 04:35 PM, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 10:18:14 +0100
George Parker<georgeparker20@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Hello George,

in this thread.   "I was unhappy with KDE4 until I got it looking more
like KDE3."
It wasn't the look, but the way it works, in some respects.  At the time
of change, I didn't really know what a huge difference it would be.

Debian offers no way to go back to KDE3, so I was stuck for a while.
I'll have to see about getting Trinity on here.

I felt the same about KDE4 and was very glad that my favourite distro held back from updating to it, until it was ready. For me its now preferable to KDE3. Most of the bugs have been worked out in 4.6 and I now get the point of desktop/folder views, Plasmoid widgets and Activities. Dolphin isn't so bad when you get used to it and the whole feel is aesthetically more pleasing.

I would have thought that all KDE apps are only going to be upgraded for the latest version so going backwards with Trinity doesn't seem viable to me. Each to their own though and good luck to them.

Cheers,
Tony