Re: [LUG] KDE4 and widgets

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 08:40:05 +0100
Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

> I have disliked dolphin from the start so one of the first things I

I don't see the point of it, myself.  Konq can do everything Dolphin
can.  Tom's comments about speed notwithstanding.  The snag is, in the
change from KDE3 to 4, they removed the function I used from Konqueror
without adding it to Dolphin.   :-(

> did was install thunar and that is now my file manager. I got to know
> it when I set up my laptop with Xfce.

I tried XFCE and, therefore, Thunar.  I didn't really like XFCE, but
will give Thunar another go, as I don't remember what it was really like.

> I also have konqueror set up as another choice. Anything rather than
> dolphin.

See above.   :-)

> What Linux is all about, choice

True, but too much choice can be a Bad Thing{tm}.   :-))

--
 Regards  _
This is the fifty first state of the USA