Re: [LUG] Email clients for newbies

On 09/03/11 19:01, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> As for forwarding list email to the sender? Huh? When I reply to a list
> email, I get a choice of who to reply to - in other email systems I've
> used, I get a button to click - reply to sender or to all. It's not hard
> to pick the right one.

No he is referring to a particular feature of GMail.

If you send an email in Gmail, and then receive an email with the same
message id*, it knows it has that email marked as sent, and doesn't
place it in your inbox as a new message.

Arguably something Gmail does right, but it does confuse folks mightily.

 Simon

* I'm assuming it is identical message id - but it makes sense they are
suppose to be unique identifiers.