Re: [LUG] Oh crud, apt just sabotaged me!

On 27/02/11 18:39, Rhia Knowles wrote:
> The major thing concerning me, however, was the fact it couldnt tell
> what i actually use... i mean NetworkManager is started and used
> daily, it removed a theme im currently set to... Tomboy i mentioned I
> use... the firmware from my freaking wifi card....
>
> Basically, its definatly going to be ignored when it prompts for
> autoremove next time, especially when it offers to remove 500+mb of
> stuff

I have had that with synaptic on ubuntu,  if I try and remove certain
packages something it comes up with gnome as something it wants to
remove because gnome is a depandancy.

I generally cancel at this point as I am unsure if it is safe to proceed
and gnome in fact won't be removed.   It sounds like it is something
that needs addressing.

Paul

--

Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day