Re: [LUG] Oh crud, apt just sabotaged me!

On 27 February 2011 18:22, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 27/02/11 17:08, Rhia Knowles wrote:
>>
>> Never again....
>
> Did you figure out what prompted the issue? apt-get and aptitude (which
> is to be preferred these days) rarely mess up badly if the packages are
> in reasonable shape. Although both do tell you what they intend to do
> and ask for confirmation by default.
>
> I've had a couple of similar issues, almost always including packages
> from third party repositories, or when tracking Debian Unstable or
> Debian testing.

Debian Testing... might be the issue. Lappy's running Squeeze and has
been for a while. As in about a month or so before it was 'released'

And as to what it was going to do, it printed up a huge and cryptic
list of mostly libs, i scanned, didnt look like anything too
dangerous... but there must have been backscroll i didnt read which
had actual programs (Like Tomboy- which i use for reminders)