Re: [LUG] Ubuntu Hot Spot

Hi

Thanks for all the advice, still having problems with my Lappy.  However though i can set up its IP address, the lappy itself does not seem to know it so I think I am on to a know starter.

Perhaps the easiest solution is to purchase a wireless router which incorporates a  DHCP server?  They appear to be quite cheap?

Has any one any recommendations please?

Remember the aim is to use an android phone to control trains on a model rail-road layout.  (Which is working at home, we need it when we go to shows).

Thanks in advance

Peter L-J