Re: [LUG] Debian 6 aka Squeeze is out ...

On 09/02/11 10:50, Rhia Knowles wrote:

Only issue I have got, is I cant get drives formatted vfat to
automount. I end up having to mount them as root

fixed-disk vfat automounts here. My fstab entry:

#/dev/sda7
UUID=(uuid-of-sda7) /media/sda7 vfat rw,users,fmask=0111,dmask=0000 0 0

Unless you mean removables, in which case yes, it's probably groups. My user's groups:

disk lp dialout fax cdrom floppy sudo audio video plugdev crontab powerdev scanner saned netdev ssh fuse

(su)
adduser (yourusername)  (groupname)

You might need fuse installed.