Re: [LUG] Debian 6 aka Squeeze is out ...

On 09/02/11 10:50, Rhia Knowles wrote:

> Only issue I have got, is I cant get drives formatted vfat to
> automount. I end up having to mount them as root: Fine for me but when
> mom wants to use the lappy she cant. I'm probably missing something
> very simple, but since in Mint and Ubuntu these 'just work' I have no
> clue where to start looking for a solution. Any pointers? Only info i
> can give is the fact that it appears to be a permissions problem from
> the error message (if you need it, I can copy the error messages when
> im back home and on lappy. I'm on goverment sponsored timewasting
> right now)

Maybe the user is not in group "plugdev"?

Hmm looks like the GNOME admin stuff is broke on my desktop, hope they
got that right in the Squeeze release itself - "Users and Groups" just
errors saying I'm not allowed (added gksu to the command - but not sure
when they broke that).

 Simon