Re: [LUG] Debian 6 aka Squeeze is out ...

I use only Debian. Squeeze has run here since St Valentine's Day 2009, when Lenny was first released and Squeeze became Testing.

I have another system which goes back to when Sarge was stable. It tracked Sid till KDE 4 came out, when I pinned it to Lenny. It was never reinstalled, only dist-upgraded regularly and still runs well.

I can't get to like KDE 4 and have tried mostly all the other desktops, the only mainstream one I liked was LXDE. I now mosty use Trinity, runs great in Squeeze.

Regarding flash, proprietary vid drivers and other non-free, smxi is the Debian (unofficial) "swiss army knife" for that and more

I have some home-rolled Squeeze/Trinity Live CD's to bring to the next Exwick LUG event.

David