Re: [LUG] Security and SSH

On 22/01/11 12:00, Gordon Henderson wrote:

And by client you mean my home computer?

The computer you're connecting in from. It's it's linux then most
distros have ssh as standard. If your home computer is running MS
something, the look for a program called PuTTY.

Desktop running Kubuntu Hardy. Laptop running Mint v9

Third step is to generate your keys on the client.

I use cPanel on my website which is in effect for administration. It
includes SSH/Shell Access which seems to be there to manage SSH keys.

You do not need to do this to get started.

There is also SSL/TLS Manager which seems to be about private keys and
certificates.

Thanks

Neil