Re: [LUG] Er.. Any C64 fans out there?

"Gordon Henderson" <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Fri, 14 Jan 2011, Rob Beard wrote:
>
>> "Gordon Henderson" <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>> http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_C64.aspx
>>>

>> The page isn't loading properly for me, but am I right in thinking
>it's
>> a PC in a keyboard rather than a Commodore 64 compatible?
>
>Yes - which boots into a C64 emulator. (But you can boot it into
>anything
>PCish)
>
>> If it's the one I'm thinking of, some company has licensed the
>Commodore
>> name and is milking it for what they can.
>>
>> Shame really as I'd happily go out and buy a reasonably costing C64
>> clone (by reasonable I mean no more than about 30 quid, which I guess
>
>> unless it's a bulk manufactured item like the C64 clone in a
>joystick.
>>
>> Rob -- Sent from my ZX Spectrum
>
>Haha.. I once wrote a bit-banging rs232 driver for a spectrum. In
>assembler. The only thing I've ever done on them. Nasty bit of work
>that
>Z80... (cue CPU wars - the 6502 was better ;-)
>
>Gordon
>
>--

Cool, I've occasionally seen hardware hacks for the Spectrum, C64 and even the Atari
8-Bits.

Only recently I watched a video on the BBC website about someone attaching their
Speccy to the internet so they could send tweets.

Alas, I'm sending this from my phone, I thought the signature would be abit more
amusing than putting "Sent from my Android" or even worse, sent from my iphone.

Rob
--
Sent from my ZX Spectrum